Tuesday, October 9, 2007

My Own Invioces as a Medical Biller

One of the most difficult challenges for me and my company is staying on top of MY OWN billing to my clients or our Medical Billing services.
Here are some suggestions / tips to stay on top of your company monies;

1. Enter data into QuickBooks each week. Don't create piles or files "promising" to dedicate time once per month for entry.

2. Get yourself a GREAT CPA. One that can not only manage yoru taxes, but one that can coach you in your business along the way as well.

3. Keep your invoicing schedule to once per month. Don't send out 4 clients their bill week one and another 6 the next, etc. It is WAY TOO hard to keep track of. If you started billing like this, simply make an announcement in your next invoice explaining that you will switch your billing period to the first of every month, or the 15th of every month, etc.

4. Finally, when you can afford one, hire a book keeper. Like you try to explain to your private practice owners - outsourcing is more effective. PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES. Thanks for the bookkeeping tip. After working myself with QB for about one year, forever behind, forever frustrated, I finally hired one. It was one of the best business decisiona that I have made! THANK YOU